Monday, October 20, 2014

First inspirations: JELLY February 2008 & August 2009

I've decided to continue with a few more first inspiration Jmag scans! This post includes two issues of JELLY from 2008 and 2009. These aren't necessarily my absolute favorite JELLY issues, but I did want to pick one with more Autumn/Winter fashion looks and one with more summer.
Like I somewhat mentioned at the end of my first First inspirations post (Popteen January 2009), these posts/mags/scans don't necessarily reflect my current style, but were huge factors in developing my interest in Japanese fashion.
I had these issues back when I was in high school, and I absolutely loved the sexy, confident look these models had. I don't really have any outfit photos from that time, but I definitely wore a lot more black and darker colors and imo, there was a clear JELLY influence on my personal style. I wasn't trying to completely copy the looks in this magazine but I did think about how these gals were dressed when I went shopping at American stores.
(Scans are for personal use!)

JELLY February 2008

 

 

Super love this boots spread
 
 
 

 
 

 


JELLY August 2009
I think the scans for this magazine came out a lot better overall because I found a better technique lol.

 
 

 
 
 

 

 
 
 

 
 

This Mama Jelly insert featuring Tsubasa was also including in the August 2009 issue!
  
Nice two-page Liz Lisa ad spread right at the inside cover of the insert
 
 
 
 


Btw the make up scans are more for readers who are interested in that! I included them because I wanted to show what was suggested for make up at the time, but I do not personally (attempt to) do "gyaru" make up now nor have I ever lol.

Anyway, this is the second in what I hope to be a four or five-part blog topic show-and-tell! I personally find the old jmags to be really interesting and also how different my style used to be lol. I don't really have a lot of commentary to go with these, but I do just love looking at what was popular at the time and how the spreads were organized, and thought that it might be interesting to share with you all as well.
I do not claim ownership of any of the scanned images. Please purchase and support where you can!

3 comments:

  1. I love looking at all the different fashion and seeing what was in style a while go. I like looking at things I wouldn't wear as well sometimes, just to see what's out there and what bits you can take to your own style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely! tbh I still love this sort of more agejo style but I just don't really wear it much anymore. I think I just don't have the balls anymore LOL

      Delete
  2. Wonderful fashion with many variations and uniqueness ^^

    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete